Press / Speeches / Publications / Awards
Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C. (Ethridge) research and expert analysis of marketing and public opinion has been featured in well over a hundred news articles around the U.S. These include newspapers, newsletters, radio and television stories. Ethridge’s work has been referenced in numerous published books, spoken at a number of trade associations and been published in various periodicals. As well, we and our clients have won awards for applying research to achieve unprecedented results. The sheer volume of all of these makes it impossible to list all of them on this website. However, a representative sampling of them has been provided below.
Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C. has served as public opinion pollster for the Greater Memphis Area’s largest regional newspaper, The Commercial Appeal since 1995. Our polls have been the source for dozens of news stories in this newspaper on a variety of public policy issues and political campaigns. For a complete listing of news stories that were based on our poll in the Commercial Appeal, click: The Commercial Appeal (various studies since 1995).
Steven C. Ethridge has been acknowledged as a “veteran pollster” in newspapers as widely recognized as the, The L.A. Times, April 10, 2007.
In addition to our polls being published, Steven C. Ethridge has been quoted in national newspapers as an expert political analyst. Among these have been stories in the New York Times.
Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C.’s polls have been cited in numerous national political publications, including Real Clear Politics. For a sampling of our polls as published here click Real Clear Politics
Dating back as far as 1988, before Steven C. Ethridge began his firm as a full-time venture, he provided polling under the name Ethridge Marketing Research. Among the press coverage that he received under that name was a story in the USA Today, August 15, 1988.
The Tennessee Journal – The weekly insiders newsletter on Tennessee government, politics, and business
Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C.’s polls have often been cited in the Tennessee Journal as an accurate and authoritative source. For example, regarding the polling in the 2004 Presidential campaign, The Tennessee Journal reported:
“As it turned out, two independent polls conducted in Tennessee the week before the election were on the money. [As one of these:] The Commercial Appeal commissioned a survey by Ethridge & Associates that was taken Oc. 29-Nov. 1. It showed Bush leading 47% to 44%.
Local firm selected to do tourism study
Cordova-based Ethridge & Associates has been selected by the Tunica County Mississippi Convention and Visitors Bureau to conduct tourism research.
The company will begin a strategic marketing and opportunity analysis study for the county this month.
The comprehensive regional study is designed to provide the bureau with a basis for the continued development of a destination marketing strategy and an advertising branding program, says Webster Franklin, executive director of the Tunica CVB.
“The 10 casino resorts have led Tunica’s development to now include golf, shopping, music and other attractions, which make it one of the fastest growing resort destinations in the world,” Franklin says.
Ethridge & Associates is a niche provider of strategic marketing research for tourist destinations. The firm also counts as its clients the City of Gatlinburg, the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development and the Iowa Department of Tourism.
Citations in Books
Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C. has been referenced as an authority in several books by nationally recognized authors, a few of which are listed below.
Larry Sabato, well known author, national political analyst and founder of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics (www.centerforpolitics.org) has cited our polls. See, for example, the reference here.
Additionally, Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C. has been acknowledged as “a premier marketing consulting firm specializing in helping businesses and political clients develop winning campaigns,” in the following books:
The Writer’s Bible by Anne Hart, Author’s Choice Press, 2001
Government & Quasi-Government Organizations
As well, Ethridge’s studies have been cited in numerous government publications, for example, see:
- Tunica County Comprehensive Plan, Tunica, Mississippi
Steven C. Ethridge has been invited to speak before several professional trade associations on the subjects of marketing, communication and research. These include speeches for the American Marketing Association (AMA), the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) and the Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA). The most recent of these are listed below.
- Public Relations Society of America, Memphis Chapter Luncheon — Polls as Research, Rhetoric and Ratings: How Candidates, PR Firms and Media Use and Should Use Polls, Presented November 14, 2007 in Memphis, TN.
- Travel and Tourism Research Association International Conference — The Next Generation of “Conversion” Studies: How to Improve Your Tourism Advertising Effectiveness, Return on Investment and Campaign Funding, Presented on June 13, 2005 in New Orleans, LA.
- Travel and Tourism Research Association Central State Conference — The Next Generation of “Conversion” Studies: How to Improve Your Tourism Advertising Effectiveness, Return on Investment and Campaign Funding, Presented on September, 2005 in Little Rock, AR.
- Travel and Tourism Research Association Central State Conference — A Marketing Opportunity Analysis for the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development: A Case Study, Presented on September 29, 2000 in Hattiesburg, MS.
- Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation — Motivating Donors to Give More: How to “Get Inside Donors’ Heads” to See What Makes Them “Tick,” Presented February 24, 2007, Washington, D.C.
- Public Relations Society of America, Memphis Chapter Luncheon — Elections in Tennessee, Presented November 9, 1994.
- Tennessee Speech Communication Association — Shifting Perceptions of a Southern Sheriff: Message Making and Image Building in the Campaign of Jack Owens, by John P. Bakke and Steven C. Ethridge, 1987.
- The South Pacific Journal of Biblical Studies — A Biblical Disciple-Making Strategy for Equipping Believers for Service: A Proposal for Developing a Church-Based, Facilitated Mentoring Strategy, by Dr. Steven C. Ethridge, Ph.D., M.Div., Summer, 2009.
Our most satisfying reward is to see . . .
- A corporate client organization follow our strategic research and recommendations to improve their Marketing or Communication Return on Investment
- A non-profit client raise more money allowing them to better achieve their mission
- A political campaign win
- Or an individual succeed (as a result of our coaching)
Unlike many agencies whose walls are decorated with awards that are little more than popularity contests within trade associations — rather than being based on measurable results — we focus our time and energy on achieving results for our clients rather than on applying for awards. We are too busy producing results for our client to spend our client’s valuable time and money seeking trade association awards.
Having said that, as one example, a recent client asked us to submit an application for an award, for which we did submit and won. This award is summarized below:
Ethridge & Associates, L.L.C won the Travel and Tourism Research Association’s (TTRA) “Research in Action” award (in conjunction with his advertising agency client Combs and Company for the particular research project) for strategic research applied toward developing an effective marketing campaign.By request, the two firms also made joint presentations of this research before the TTRA’s International Conference in New Orleans on June 13, 2005 and then again later that year to the TTRA’s Southern Central State’s Conference in Little Rock in September of that year. For a case study on which this award was based click here.